the Bar

the Bar
Banner courtesy of Christag_banners

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chapter 11

I could hear my phone ringing. My eyes barely opened, I looked at the clock, thinking it must be Jasper. It took a moment before it dawned on me that it wasn’t Jasper’s ring tone. I reached for the phone and hit accept. The voice on the other end, sounded wrong. It was too formal, too unfamiliar.

“Yes, this is Bella Swan.” I blinked my eyes, trying to adjust as I turned on the bedside lamp. Sitting up a little I listened to the strange voice, the words not registering at first.

“Yes, this is she.” I sat up straighter, throwing the comforter off my lap, the pit of stomach rising slowly.

“What? I’m sorry can you repeat that?” My legs were swinging over the side of the bed, about the same time that my stomach was meeting my throat.

“Oh MY GOD! NO, is he..., yes I understand, yes, I will be there as soon as I can.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh holy hell, please tell me you're updating soon after that cliffhanger of a teaser?!? I'm dying here ;)

    ReplyDelete