the Bar

the Bar
Banner courtesy of Christag_banners

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chapter One - Teaser
Suddenly, a pair of strong hands pressed against my hips, holding me down to the bar. A voice, gruff and filled with lust growled out to me, "Stay where you are beautiful."

My mind suddenly a fog, I heard the voice tell Rose to pour another shot.

My head shot to Emmett, my eyes opening as he growled lowly at the hands pinning my hips to the bar and he stepped closer.

My head snapped back in the direction of the man, who, now, somehow faster than humanly possible, was hovering over my body on top of the bar. I looked up and into the man's eyes, then gasped loudly.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mike moving closer in response to Emmett's looking for back up. The eyes steeled against mine shot a menacing look at Emmett, threatening him with one intense look and a growl from low in his chest.

The familiar thump of music that normally permeates the club had all but faded, and the crowd gathered around, that had been boisterously watching a drunk groom bid farewell to his days as a bachelor, had grown quiet.

All eyes were on me and the body hovering over me; the man who was growling at my bouncers. I nodded to Rose, and she stepped forward to pour the shot, then back again, allowing Emmett to step closer, pushing her safely behind him.

The piercing eyes darkened and looked directly into Emmett's. I could see from the look on his face that Emmett was terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment